Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Junk Salvation in Puyallup

This weekend I went to the Junk Salvation (you can check out their blog on my faves list to the right or by clicking here) this weekend, not once but twice. This time it was in Puyallup at the Competitive Edge and it was a two day deal!! How exciting. We got there early on Friday evening, but still had to wait in a really long line, then we got bracelets to get us in the next day. You have to move and buy fast if you want to get something you really love because if you think it will be there when you come back by in 20mins it probably won't be. There are lots of great finds, but some of the deals just aren't deals.


(I loved the herb signs in this old milk can, I have been trying to come up with cool plant markers for our veg patch)


Junking has become a favorite thing for me or more like a hobby. I don't always buy but I do get good ideas and inspiration! It has been so fun to see how my style and taste have evolved over the years, especially since we bought our house 3 years ago. At first I thought I wanted a more contemporary look to our house but as we have made it more into a farm, I am drawn to the more country and antique type styles.





I love these plain neutral tones and that fern is gorgeous!! I know just the place to put one of those in my house. The old pictures are so cool and I wish there was a way that I could stack furniture in my house and it not look weird but cool and uncluttered.

This show was full of such great inspiration I and intrigued by this birdhouse and I need my wonderful husband to help me figure out how to build one like this. And it was so cute how they found all these non-traditional ways to display house plants.




Not only was this an adorable buggy but there was the cutest little dog sleeping in it. Note: the dog was NOT for sale.








I love getting inspiration from Better Homes and Gardens, Country Living and of course my all time favorite, Martha Stewart. I get to watch her in the mornings before I go to work which is heavenly. And then of course and junk shows, flea markets and antique shops.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley