Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Long Weekend Project

I am sorry that it has been so long between posts. We have been working on a couple projects and I wanted to get them finished before I started posting about them. So here is the first one that I completed today. When we first purchased our house, Thomas got to get a new TV for the living part of our Great Room. He went to the TV store with out me and purchased this "great" TV Table to go along with the TV. As soon as he brought it home I was upset with his choice of table because it was not the look I was hoping to go for in our house. It is a modern contemporary chrome and tinted glass open table. I was thinking more along the lines of wood with doors or something. Never the less. It is his house too, so until I was able to find something that I liked better for a good price, we were stuck with it. I get these great ideas from this wonderful blog I read, you can check it out here. From following this blog I have seen the value in visiting Goodwill for great bargains. So that is what I did this past weekend, checked out Goodwill (they were also having a Memorial Day Sale = even better deals)


I picked up this beauty at the Goodwill by my house for $19.50 including the 30% off!! Good deal? I think so!! Who would have thought that I could find such a great piece on the cheap? I have been searching antique stores for something similar to no avail. Oh the generosity of others, dropping off their "junk" for my cheap "treasures"!!

This is the way that our living room used to look with Thomas' choice of TV Table. While it serves its purpose and is sturdy, it just doesn't go with our decor. So with my $20 bargain, some sandpaper and two cans of Rustoleum spray paint and 48 hours of drying time I got what is pictured below.

Isn't it a dramatic change? Oh what a little bit of paint can do to completely change up the look of an old dumpy piece of furniture. If it has good bones, but you aren't a fan of its finish DON"T disregard it, think about painting it! The thing that I love the most about it is its color. I am so proud of myself for choosing something other than green or white!

And here is the finished product. A million times better huh? I am so proud of how it turned out!

Have you been working on any projects lately? What are they?

May joy be your companion through each and every day. Bringing lots of Irish luck and happiness your way.

2 comments:

  1. Um WOW it turned out AMAZING!

    Great job hun!

    Luvs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! What a great transformation! You did an awesome job! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley