Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thriller, Filler and Spiller

I adore flowers. Pretty sure I get this adoration from Momala (my mom). From my early years I remember working out in the garden with her, helping weed (probably could be considered slave labor), going to the nurseries and picking out flowers. I should also attribute my "green" thumb to her as well. My appreciation of flowers has absolutely NOTHING to do with their smell, as I do not have a sense of smell - all I can smell is menthol, but it is their organic beauty and how they add and bring life to your home and yard. I love how certain flowers attract wild animals: bees, birds - finches, sparrows, hummingbirds, etc, and butterflies. These addistions just help to make your home more serene and secluded. I prefer live plants and flower to cut ones, but I do not discriminate between the two.

Hydrangea's are one of my favorite flower. This particular plant we recieved as a wedding gift at our "Couples Shower" my parents friends held for us. This gift was from my lifelong best friend Laura and her mom, who I like to call my "Aunt". We got it three years ago and it was blooming when we planted it, but this is the first bloom that we have gotten on it since. Its because I put it in the wrong spot, it gets afternoon sun instead of morning but even the foliage is beautiful to me.


This is my newest arrangement. This pot has had a many different flowers. Initially it had a cyprus with english daisies, then lately its had pansies, but they weren't doing so well so I updated it the other day.


What do you think? Oh and please ignore the hideous color of my trim and front door.


What are your favorite flowers or plants? I would love to learn!


Ashley





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley