Sunday, September 11, 2011

God Bless America


Ten years ago, I was shocked as I watched the TV and to see those two towers up in smoke, as I was getting ready to go to school. I cannot tell you what I learned that day, I just remember that all our school TV's were turned on to the news and we watched the coverage. We held a special assembly that day and many of our teachers and staff were available for anyone who needed to talk. I cannot believe that it has already been ten years.

It was and still is a devastating day.

Today we are remembering those who lost their lives 10 years ago. Thank you to all our fire fighters and police men/women who risked and gave their lives that day. An additional thank you to those in the military who have fought in the years since 9/11 for our nations freedom and liberty.

America is truly a resilient country.

God Bless America - Land That I Love.

Where were you 10 years ago? What do you remember?

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley