Wednesday, November 9, 2011

[recipe] Pumpkin


Last weekend Deanna and I went to Watsons, it is a nursery down in Puyallup. We love this place, the displays are so inspiring a little expensive but it is just a fun place to visit. Anyways they were having a 50% off sale on all of their Halloween merchandise. So I picked me up some of these beauties:


Pie Pumpkins for $1 each. They even came with a recipe sticker on their bottoms. Since I got such a great deal, I thought I would make a few things:


Pumpkin Pie


by the sliceall beautiful and ready for my tummy



Some Pumpkin Loaf with a streusel topping

and Crust rolls with cinnamon sugar with the left over pie dough.

mmm....delish. I had myself a slice of Pumpkin Pie a la mode and a glass of Egg Nog. YUM

Here is the recipe for the Pie:

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups Pumpkin Puree
1 1/3 cups sweet condensed milk
1 egg
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1 cup hot water

Directions:
1. Pre-Heat oven to 375. Roll out pie crust and place into a pie dish. Set in fridge to cool.
2. Beat egg, condensed milk and pumpkin with a whisk until combined. Then add remaining ingredients.
3. Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust and bake 55-65 minutes. Cool and Enjoy.

NOTE:
1. If you are using a real pumpkin; cut it in half, scoop out seeds and strings, remove stem, place on a foiled baking sheet cut side down (cover with foil) and bake in a 350 oven until tender. Let cool, scoop out flesh and mash with a potato masher until smooth...drain any excess water/liquid.
2. It wasn't until I was writing down this recipe that I realized I did not add the water to the pumpkin...it still turned out great. I substituted the nutmeg for cardamom

If you try out either of these recipe's let me know how you liked them!


♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley