Sunday, November 13, 2011

[recipe] Soup Sunday - Cheeseburger Soup

As Fall is upon us so is Soup Sunday. I have decided that it is more of a seasonal thing than a year round thing...although I am not denying that I might have an occasional Soup Sunday in the Summer.

Today the MIL and FIL came over for Soup. I made Cheeseburger Soup. It was delish. I know that it sounds a little weird but it was very good. We gave it about a 8.5/10. It was super easy to make and I am anticipating to be able to make it again in the future!

Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications SOUPS Jan/Feb 2011.



The recipe is for a slow cooker but you can make it on the stove top like I did tonight.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
1 or 2 carrots sliced
1/4 c ketchup
2 T yellow mustard
1 fresh serrano chile, chopped
salt
pepper
32 ounces of beef broth
1 can cheddar cheese condensed soup
shredded cheddar cheese for topping the servings

Directions:
1. In soup pot melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add onions. Stir and let cook for one minute. Add garlic. Stir and let cook for one minute. Add in the beef, stir and break up the beef and season with salt and pepper. Let meat brown.

2. Add in the potatoes, carrot, ketchup, mustard, chile. Stir to mix up. Then add the cheese soup and beef broth. Stir to combine the cheese soup until smooth. Bring to a simmer.

3. Let simmer on med-low for about 45-50 minutes or until potato and carrots are tender. It can simmer on low for 3 hours until ready to serve.

4. Ladle into soup bowls and top with shredded cheese.




♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley