Tuesday, April 17, 2012

[recipe] Quick Meal

I wanted to share a quick meal with you today.


Quick Taco Salad recipe
(this is not a photo of our salad its from here)
This is such a quick and easy to put together for a weeknight or a busy weekend meal. I got the recipe from my MIL and per usual I have added my own "twist".

Parsons Taco Salad

Ingredients:

1 head Iceberg Lettuce
1 can Kidney Beans
1 lb Ground Beef
2-3 Avocados, cut into chunks
1 small can sliced Olives
1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
2 c Cheddar Cheese, grated
*Newman's Own Caesar Dressing (the kind you have to shake up), desired amount

Toppings:
Hot Sauce
Salsa
Sour Cream
Doritos Taco Flavoured Chips, hand crushed

My Twist:

I like to use Ground Turkey in place of the Beef. I also use Taco Seasoning (mild, regular or hot) while cooking my meat. I like to add 1 can of Corn and I like Black Beans (you can use both kinds of beans) I also made this the other day with 1 can of Rotel (Tomatoes and Green Chile's) for a little spicy kick. I am sure that this would be great with some Cilantro and using Romaine Lettuce.

Directions:

1. In a large skillet add a little bit of cooking oil to the pan and heat up. Add the meat (beef/turkey) and stir until fully browned (if using Taco Seasoning follow package directions). Drain fat. Set aside to cool.

2. Meanwhile chop up Lettuce into bite size pieces. Add to bowl. Drain Kidney beans and give a rough organic chop add to the bowl. Drain Olives and add to bowl. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to bowl along with the chunks of avocado and the grated cheese. Add in corn and cilantro if using. Toss well. Add in the cooked meat (beef/turkey) and toss with salad dressing.

3. Plate up salad and top with hot sauce, sour cream, salsa, and the hand crushed Doritos. Serve and enjoy!


My variation:
To keep things fresh I put the avocados, meat and cheese in separate bowls. I have guests add their own dressing so the salad stores better for left overs.

Hope you enjoy this dish!! Its really quick and easy only takes about 15 minutes to prepare!

Let me know how you like it and any twists you put on it!


Linked to: Tasty Tuesdays


♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley