Tuesday, May 22, 2012

[recipe] Chicken Katsu

For dinner last night, I made "chicken katsu" and potstickers.  I wish I could say that I made the potsticker myself but they are frozen ones from costco but oh so good.(ling ling brand).

I made pretend chicken katsu because I was out of panko bread crumbs.  I also forgot to take pictures.  So the chicken katsu I made were just chicken fingers.  But I made a delicious dipping sauce for it too!

For the Chicken:

2 chicken boobs
2 eggs
1/3 c flour
salt and pepper
1/4 c veg oil

1. cut the chicken into strips. 
2. beat the eggs into a shallow bowl
3. in an additional shallow bowl mix together the flour, salt and pepper. (lots of pepper) *optional add a little cayenne pepper.
4.  in a large skillet heat oil over medium - medium high
5. dredge chicken in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg and back into the flour.  Place gently in the hot oil.  cook chicken about 3-4 minutes before turning over.  cook another 3-4 minutes.  take of heat and place on a paper towel lined plate to soak up extra grease.

For the dipping sauce:

1/2 c ketchup
1 T soy sauce
1 tsp Sriracha sauce

1. mix ingredients together and serve with the chicken!  YUM


Linked to: Tasty Tuesdays

be sure to enter my giveaway for Ree's new cookbook here


♥ Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Oo this sounds yummy! Is it relatively inexpensive to make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah super easy and cheap...you should have just about everything in your pantry/fridge save the chicken. If you have panko crumbs then you can make real chicken Katsu, just dredge the chicken in the Panko crumbs (seasoned with S&P) after the egg wash.

      ♥ Ashley

      Delete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley