Friday, May 4, 2012

Derby Dress [Friday Fancies]



   Hello my lovely readers.  The 138th Kentucky Derby is tomorrow, May 5th.  I love the Kentucky Derby.  I love the hats, the fashion, the Mint Juleps (actually I have never had one), the blanket of Roses and I love the possibility of a potential Triple Crown Winner!!

I read the Thoroughbred series as a kid and I loved them and I loved following Ashleigh through her years with racehorses.  I know that this was a fictional series but I learned a lot from her.  I first received the books for my birthday in 3rd grade.

 Since reading the series it has been a life dream of mine to attend the Kentucky Derby... I vaguely remember my Daddy telling me that we would go one day.  He did take me to the opening races of Emerald Downs in Auburn, WA.  If I was attending the Derby this is what I would love to wear!!Derby Dress


Linen jacket
€100 - mexx.eu

AX Paris heel pumps
£33 - axparis.co.uk

Miu Miu shoulder handbag
$1,350 - miumiu.com

Stack rings jewelry
$115 - reissonline.com

Prada plastic shades
$287 - forzieri.com




Do you enjoy the Derby?  What is your favourite part?  Let me know what you would love to wear!!

Remember to become a follower.  Once I hit 25 followers I am doing a great Giveaway you WON"T want to miss!!

Linked to: Friday Fancies 

♥ Ashley


1 comment:

  1. i love the colorful pop the teal accessories offer up. so pretty! happy sunday :)

    - l

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley