Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Decorate Wednesday - the Nursery so far

Well we don't have a lot of stuff for our nursery as of yet.  I have been putting this room together in my mind for at least 3 1/2 years.  The inspiration for the room has changed a little as the years have gone on and I got into shows such as "Sarah's House" with Sarah Richardson on HGTV.

When we first moved into our house we chose the room for our future baby.  I painted it Yellow...just one coat.  I have stuck with that color choice but yesterday I finally painted the second coat (4 years later!).  I was able to convince Thomas to prime and paint our cheap closet doors White as well as the trim around the doors and the windowsill and soon to be baseboard.  {We were gifted this really nice baseboard from Thomas little brother that we need to prime and paint and then replace the existing yucky, cheap, woodish, crap that is currently in there.}  And then that will be the base of the room.   Oh and we need to get new carpet - I am thinking a medium to dark grey!





I had picked out a dresser at Ikea that I love dearly (also picked out about 2 1/2 years ago), but it seems to be discontinued  So, I am currently painting my childhood dresser that I got when I was 6 years old grey to use until I find another.  The dresser will serve as the changing table and of course clothes/diaper storage.



I grabbed a great Chandelier at a junk/flea show that I am painting the same grey as the dresser.  It is adorable and has these great milk-glass hobnail shades (if you know me you know I love me some hobnail!) so I could NOT pass it up.  I was unsure of where it would go in our home until my dear husband suggested in the baby room - SOLD!!

I have a bunch of artwork that I have collected over the years as well as a set of curtains that have actually proven to be the colour inspiration for the whole room.


This room is definitely a work in progress but I am so happy to FINALLY begin working on it!! And this weather could not be anymore perfect!

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley