Wednesday, June 13, 2012

[recipe] Breakfast Potatoes

Hey there...I think its been a while (maybe 2 weeks) since I posted a recipe on this ole blog here.  So today I thought I would share my breakfast this morning.

As I am sure I have mentioned my husband and I are going to our Adoption Seminar.  So we will be outta the house for about 4 days.  My wonderful FIL is house sitting for us and taking care of the farm - SO thankful and grateful for the awesome people in my family that I can count on!!  I am at home today getting all of our loose ends tied, which means that I actually got to cook myself breakfast!!

Over the weekend we took a trip to Sam's Club to stock up our freezer - they have the BEST frozen stirfry that we add a can chicken to served on top of rice that my husband cooks (he has been cooking it for me since our college days!) and let me tell you it is delicious.  Since there really isn't much cooking involved I haven't really posted about it - guess I just did that was easy!  Anyways while we were perusing the store we saw a 10 lb bag of red skinned yukon gold potatoes for $4.99 heck of deal! We picked it up and brought it home same with some giant mushrooms

I wanted to make skillet breakfast potatoes because I am IN LOVE with my Cast Iron Skillet.



Here is what I did:

5 white mushrooms - sliced
2 red skinned yukon potatoes - sliced
2 T butter
1 T oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley (I usually get Flat Leaf but the store was out so I had curly on hand)
S & P

Preheat oven to 350.  Heat skillet on a little over medium heat and melt the butter.  Add in the mushrooms to saute a little adding S & P to taste.  After about 5 minutes add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.  Season with S & P again and add the parsley. Stir to combine.  Add a T of water cover your pan with foil and place in the oven for 3 minutes.  Take out and serve. YUM!! I had mine with a side of fresh mozzarella.

Enjoy!


♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley