Tuesday, November 27, 2012

[recipe] Duchess Potatoes



For Sunday Dinner we had a Pot Roast and I thought I would try out a new potato recipe.  I am thinking that these will be the potatoes that we have for Christmas Eve dinner.  I think I will make a "few" changes but that is just being true to myself.

These are called Duchess Potatoes and I got the recipe from Martha Stewart.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 pounds Potatoes (Yukon or Russet)
Salt and Pepper
3 T cold butter
3 egg yolks, divided
1/4 cup plus 2 tsp cream, divided
pinch of ground nutmeg

Directions:

1. In a large pot, cover potatoes with cold salted water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil; reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until tender, 15 minutes. Drain in a colander, let sit 5 minutes, then return to pot. Add butter and, with a potato masher, mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add 2 egg yolks, 1/4 cup cream, and pinch of nutmeg; stir until combined.

2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment and lightly butter paper. Dollop mixture in 8 equal portions on sheet, 2 inches apart. Using the back of a spoon, create a small well in the center of each. Freeze until firm, 15 minutes. Whisk together remaining egg yolk and 2 teaspoons cream. Brush on potatoes and bake until golden, 15 minutes.

Enjoy!!


♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley