Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Garland DIY


Well a few things have happened since my last post.  My students set up an instagram account for me and have since then have posted a few pics for me, you can look me up "lifeonthefarm". I also learned that sometimes my keyboard on my phone gives me a shortcut hash tag so I don't have to search for it.

Back to the point. I was looking at Natasha's blog and she is working with a group of bloggers setting up a number of Christmas linky parties with a variety of features. Today is a Christmas DIY. So I decided I would join in. I made this garland today when I got home from work. I have been thinking about doing it but Natasha got my rear in gear. Thanks girl!!

All right. So this is my handmade pompon garland. I used white yarn, red/white bakers twine, a ruler, scissors and my fingers for this project. First I made 10 white yarn pompons by wrapping the yarn around three of my fingers and then tying them off in the middle with another small piece of yarn. 



 Once I got all of those "buns" as my husband called them done I then worked on my bakers twine ones. For these I used both the yarn and the twine together as I wrapped them around my fingers and then tied them off with a bit of yarn. I made three of this kind. 


Then I needed to come up with a pattern of which to create my garland.  I decided two white, one  twine, three white, one twine, three white, one twine and finished it off with two more white.  I spaced them apart by 6" using my ruler. I tied the long garland string of white yarn to the pins by the tails of the yarn I used to tie the off with.
Once all the little "buns" we're tied up to the string I used my scissors to cut the loops creating these adorable little poms. 



I hung my garland on my mirror above my fireplace in the living room. 


I love it and I hope you do too. 






♥ Ashley 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! The perfect winter touch. Thanks for sharing at the party!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley