Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's Spring!

The weather has been gorgeous here in the PNW. We have been working hard on getting our vegetable garden started.

Lots of improvements have been happening here and we are on a self imposed deadline to get our "to do" list completed since we have been chosen for a baby that we will be picking up in the near future!!

We reorganized our vegetable garden and split it up into sections using some bricks we had laying around our property (courtesy of the previous owners). Tilled the garden and added some more dirt. All of our cool crop vegetables have been planted: peas, lettuce, kale, broccoli, cabbage, and Swiss chard. We are also trying out an artichoke again.

I have also had the opportunity to have our own homegrown flowers cut and brought into the house to enjoy. Flowers such as tulips, daffodils, lilac, and anemones.

I love spring and how the world is coming out of hiding and all the trees are coming back to life and the beautiful flowers are showing up.

Our flower garden is doing wonderfully. Although the weeding was atrocious this year. I filled up at least 2 yard waste containers and still have more to do. But most of my peony plants actually have buds in them that are growing everyday and I am pretty sure that they will finally bloom this year. (4 years later).

How is your garden? What are you growing this year?

♥ Ashley







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley