Saturday, June 15, 2013

[celebrate] Father's Day Birthday

This year is Thomas' first Father's Day celebration and it just so happens to fall on his birthday this year! So he is getting a double party. I think he is pretty excited about it. 

The thing about Thomas though is he is incredibly hard to shop for, I mean I guess I could always just get him some fly fishing gear but he is pretty good on all that except he likes to get new flies. But I really shouldn't be picking that stuff out. I could also get him a couple more goats but with a new baby in our house that might be pushing it. So it's been a challenge trying to come up with something. Not to mention we are on a tight budget, so creativity is going to have to take over. 

I got a email from shutterfly, giving a free 8x8 hardcover photo book to new members. Well ladies I signed up and the photo book filled with pics of Ellie is on its way. It won't be here in time for the big day but it sure will be fun to find that orange box in the mail when it comes next week. I did have to pay for shipping and I upgraded for the story telling version so for about $15 I got a gorgeous photo album for him!!  I will share when we get it. 

Since its also his birthday tomorrow, I made him a birthday pie. It's a peanut butter ice cream pie with a chocolate crust. 

Recipe:

First gather your ingredients; Oreos, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla ice cream.


For the crust, pre heat your oven to 350. In a food processor add about 25 cookies and pulse them into "dirt" add in about 3 Tablespoons of melted butter and pulse some more to combine. Then dump it into your pie dish and press it to the sides. Bake for about 15-20 minutes and then let it cool for about a half hour. 

Filling, in the mean time scoop your ice cream out into a large mixing bowl and let soften.  Then add in the whole jar of peanut butter (I love pb so I added a lot!) and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. 



Once the pie crust has cooled add in all of your ice cream with peanut butter mixture, smooth the top then place it into the freezer to firm up. Once frozen I pulled it out and used a toothpick to write on the top. When ready to eat pull it out of the freezer let sit for about 10 minutes to let it soften a little bit and use a hot sharp knife to slice it.  Serve on a plate, Yum!!!



- Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley