Tuesday, June 25, 2013

{weekly update} week five

I thought that I was going to love doing these weekly updates but I didn't know that they would make time go by so fast with Miss Ellie!! It feels like I was writing her first week update yesterday and now I am writing week 5!!!  It seriously is going by so fast but I am loving every moment of it!



Weight: we had her 1 month appt on Friday and she came in at 8 lbs so close to that still I am sure. 





Sleep: we are co-sleeping with her and love it!! She is just in our bed sleeping between us. It is so nice that she is just right there for when she needs soothing. Sleep is going pretty well and she naps throughout the day. She still takes her 4ish hour nap but it seems to be a little later. And then we have noticed that she is going close to 6 hours the past few nights!!!  However last Tuesday she slept practically all day which meant she partied (i.e. cried/fussed) all night!  Luckily it hasn't happened again (fingers crossed knock on wood). 





Diet: she was starting to get really mad and fussy when she finished her bottles so we decided that we should up her amount to 3 ounces at each feeding and she is one HAPPY baby! We are still using the Similac Sensitive formula and she seems to be doing well. And her poops have increases to almost daily as opposed to once every three days!








Crying: when she is hungry, bored or tired. Sometimes she just feels like crying because she likes the sound of her own voice I'm sure ( takes after me *wink).  She is pretty easy to soothe still at this point. 







Social/Outings: busy week. Ellie had her dr check up and got her second round of hep b - hated it. She also got to go to the Funky Junk Sisters Junk Salvation Show (basically a flea market/junk show). We went to kohls while daddy signed paperwork for his summer tennis league he coaches. And she visited daddy at work on his last day of school and got to meet all his co-workers!






Clothes: Ellie is still rocking the newborn stuff. It is so funny to go shopping with her and look at clothes that are like 9 month size.  They are huge and I can't believe that she will get big enough to wear it!  But she will I know. 






Baby Gear Love: we still love our Boppy pillow for feeding and propping. Our stroller is awesome! Ellie has gotten way more active in her play mat and my mei tai has been a life saver on several occasions. We also got this FABULOUS thermometer at Costco, you just swipe it across her forehead and it tells you her temp! It was a great buy at $29.99. Way better than at target. And it's like what the hospital and our dr use! (we are kinda obsessed with it - checking her temp and ours about 10 times a day!) Also she loves to be swaddled again!







Milestones: Ellie can hold her head up for about 10-12 seconds at a time and does it often!  We can tell that she can see us better and she had better control of her arms - but she does lose her arm privileges at times due to flailing!




Mama: I finally am off work now for at least 10 weeks and I am so thankful that I get to be home with her all the time to get to witness everything! It was rough this first month as I had to go to work due to running out of sick leave 5 days after we got her!  And since we couldn't afford for me to stay home without pay, Thomas was able to take time off work as well as his mom. So they took turns being home with her. But now I am home with her and I love it!



- Ashley 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley