Friday, July 5, 2013

[feast friday] Sue's Favorite Pasta Salad

Hey all I just wanted to share a quick and easy recipe that is sure to please everyone. We had this as one of the sides at our 4th of July party at our house yesterday and it was a HIT!!



My mom, Sue, used to make this all the time and I love it. I am so glad that I have the recipe and I make it often. Each time I make it I think of her and smile. I love you and miss you Momala!!


Cast of characters:
-1 pound box of mini shell pasta (it just doesn't taste the same with any other kind)
- mayonnaise 
- McCormick Salad Toppings
-Johnny's Seasoning Salt
- kosher salt

The Playwrite:
- cook pasta in salted boiling water according to pkg directions. Drain and let sit for 5 minutes in colander. 
- after pasta has cooled for 5 minutes dump it into your serving bowl. Add in the bottle of salad toppings and about 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. Stir to combine (the heat if the noodles should melt the mayo) add some more mayo if you think you need it then season with Johnny's seasoning salt to taste. Let sit about 20 minutes taste again, you might need to add more Johnny's. 

Serve this hot (my fave), room temp or cold. What a great addition to any meal or picnic. Perfect for a pot luck!

Hope you enjoy!

- Ashley  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley