Wednesday, January 8, 2014

[recipe] chicken paillard

We are trying to stick to the meal plan that we came up with on Sunday. A it's our first week ever attempting this we have already strayed from the plan.

Oops. 

Tonight we had chicken paillard and green bean casserole. (Scheduled for Monday). This is one of my favorite meals and is relatively easy to make. It's not quite a 30 min meal since I like to use frozen beans, so the casserole takes about 45-50 minutes. The chicken however, takes about 8 minutes! 



This is also money saving since we split a chicken breast but it's still filling. 

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast sliced in half (like a butterfly cut, just all the way through)
1/3 cup flour
1 egg
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 T butter 
2 T olive oil

What to do:

1. Place your halved chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound flat. About 1/3" thick. 



2.  In a shallow bowl or pie dish lightly beat egg and season with salt and pepper. In a second shallow bowl mix together flour and s&p. 



3. Meanwhile heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and melt butter with olive oil. 



4. When the pan is hot dip the chicken into the flour, then the egg, and then back into the flour to coat. Gently set into your hot pan and let sauté for about 2 minutes and then flip to cook the other side, about 2 minutes more. Once cooked through remove chicken to plate and repeat with the second half. (If your pan is large enough you can cook both at the same time) 



This is so yummy and I hope you like it! It's a recipe I got from my mom and I think of her every time I make it!

♥ Ashley

linked to FCF  Fabulously creative friday linky party

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy and maybe even easy enough for me to try! ;-) We eat so much chicken and I get awfully sick of it, so this would be a nice way to change it up and make it delish again.

    PS - I nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog yesterday! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley