Thursday, February 6, 2014

Live and Learn

Hey there Ladies!! Hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying your Thursday (tomorrow is Friday - YAYA).

So here is the thing, its kinda a secret and maybe if you knew me this might surprise you.  I don't like meeting new people.  Okay that came out a little wrong.  I don't mean that I dislike new people, meeting new people makes me very nervous.  I don't know why because I like to think that I am pretty personable and can get along with people.  Its just that I get uncomfortable when I don't know people.  So going into situations where I don't know anyone is really scary for me.  I tend to be pretty quiet and don't really say a whole lot.

I have noticed that this "phobia" has become more of a challenge since I left High School (nearly 12 years ago - GASP how can it be that long ago??).  I am so thankful that I was able to attend the same school since I was in Pre-School and we didn't have a huge turnover of students....that is probably why!  I did get to take a class at my local High School but I already knew some of the students from church so I guess that doesn't really count! HA  College was super tricky, its a wonder how I ever met Thomas!

So how is this a "Live and Learn"? Well I have to stretch myself and grow.  The only way I can do this is to force myself to go into uncomfortable situations for myself.  Hence going to the Blogger Meetup last weekend was a pretty big step for me.  Luckily I already knew one of them and I think it was a little easier since I have followed a few of them on their blogs so they weren't complete "Strangers".   Anyways what I learned is that it really isn't that bad meeting new people and friendships can blossom (Now that was a good show!).  But in order for that to happen you have to put yourself out there.  So I learned that meeting new people isn't as scary as I make it out to be in my head.  So I need to start doing that more because it really is rewarding.

Thanks girls for helping me get out of my shell!

Life As Always


♥ Ashley


3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got to go to a Blogger Meet up!! Like-- I could seriously call you bad names but that wouldn't be nice and I really wouldn't mean them anyways. But still-- not fair! When I used to weigh over 450lbs, I didn't like meeting new people but sometimes I just had to have the attitude of "I'll make fun of myself first and maybe they will like me".. now that I am more confident with myself, I have the "never met a stranger" attitude and I could literally have a conversation with a brick wall. I'm sure I could help you come out of your shell so... move to Pensacola and we'll do just that. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley I was completely in the same boat! I am totally an extrovert when I am in my comfort zone, but I am terribly shy when it comes to people I don't know well, and I was so nervous for the meet up, too! But it was so awesome to finally meet you and I think it helped so much that I kind of "knew" everyone already through their blogs, that really helped break the ice. Thanks so much for linking up today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really thought I'd already commented on this! I'm glad you enjoyed the meet up - I think I'd be possibly a little wary (not quite the right word but it's the best i can think of!) when meeting a lot of new people for the first time, but it's easier if you already kind of know them. I met up with some internet friends just over a year ago, and although it was the first time we'd met in person it wasn't awkward at all!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley