Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lucky Linkup Recipe

A couple of weeks ago one of my favorite bloggers hosted a linkup for a recipe swap.  Erinn is such a great writer and has two adorable little girls! I did a guest post for her back in November about being a Girl Mom and I just love her blog. 

For the link up you posted about an "Irish" or "St. Pat's Day" recipe and linked it up.  Then you got paired up with another bloggers recipe where you got to make theirs!  Then we are posting about our recipe/experience.  I made Irish Soda Bread for the recipe I shared.  If you haven't tried it yet - go do it now.  You will thank me I am sure!


I was paired up with Jamie Lynn from Cocktails & Carseats for her Green Irishman!

I am not much of a drinker.  Now don't get me wrong but I am what many might consider "dry".  I partied it up in college and then I graduated and got married.  With our hopes and plans to start a family right away I gave up alcohol.   And since we have been having difficulty on that front I have chosen to abstain from it pretty much altogether.  I am not much of a wine drinker - never have been and probably never will be, I personally find it pretty gross.  I will have the occasional beer but my drink of choice is probably a Mojito.  I have those on very rare occasions, like once a year.

Let me say that I am NOT a prude, others can drink and that is totally fine with me!  I just choose not to.  Sometimes I will have a drink - usually during my period since I can guarantee at that time I am not pregnant.  But that is a rarity.

With all that being said, we don't have a whole lot of hard alcohol in our house and I wasn't really wanting to go out and buy a few fifths of the needed ingredients so mine is a modified drink.  I was able to get a shooter of Baileys, had some whipping cream on hand, and to make it green I used a little food coloring.  It tasted great, probably not as good as Jamie's but I liked it!

1.5 oz Irish whiskey
1.5 oz Bailey's Irish cream
1 oz half & half
Splash of creme de menthe
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then add the ingredients.  Shake until the whole shaker gets frosty and pour into rocks glass with ice.  Enjoy!



♥ Ashley

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you got paired up with a drink recipe! I wish I would have known/realized, I was a big drinker in college too and now can't even finish a beer or glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious :).

    Being a girl mom is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a fun exchange, but bummer that you had to come up with a drink recipe when you don't even drink! Anyway I hope you enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day with that delicious Irish Soda Bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I'm sorry about you getting my recipe :( Even though the linkup is over, we could always do another recipe swap, with no drinks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley