Friday, April 11, 2014

Late Five

Well I guess it's better late than never. Ha. We are on spring break this week and have been living up our vacation here on the farm. 



I had a list of project I was hoping to get completed before Sunday. I will be honest it was a pretty serious list and highly unlikely to happen (even if we didn't have a little one at home). 

I have to say we did a pretty good job at checking the items off the list so far!

O N E 

I have been wanting to re-do our guest bathroom (aka Ellie's) for a while now. I just didn't quite know what my vision was. Then about two weeks ago I had an inspiration and we started talking about executing it!! I won't completely divulge I to the overall vision but I can say that my taste and style have changed over the years and I would have never done something like this 5 years ago! 

before

I can say we are close to being 2/3 of the way done with the major overhaul. We are hoping to get some help from Thomas' dad on Sunday with the final big project in the bathroom!

Sneak Peek!

T W O

We have a front yard vegetable garden t our farm. It's not the biggest b any means but we grow a sufficient amount for our little family!  I still have yet to figure out a good way to prep it for the winter. (I think I am so drained at the upkeep by the end of harvest season I don't want to look at it again!) So that means it gets a lot of weeds and unwanted growth from Fall to Spring.  So on my list was to prep it for Spring planting i.e. Weeding and the first tilling. As of this afternoon we are half-way done with the weeding!!



T H R E E

Weeding is the name of the game here. I guess that's what I get for wanting to have GIANT flower beds in the front of our house (and some smaller ones in our private back yard). So I have four flower beds in the front that require a lot of weeding. I am hoping that eventually it will get full enough with flowers that there really won't be too much space left for weeds to grow. So far I have about 2/3 of it weeded. However the 1/3 that I have left is the fullest of weeds. 



F O U R

A visit to te Tulip Fields was another item on our list. We checked that one off on Wednesday. What a beautiful day and I am so happy that we got to take Ellie on our annual trip up there.  She enjoyed her time there and as always we ha our lunch at The Calico Cupboard in La Conner. While we decided not to order any bulbs this year I did get to bring home 5 bunches of cut tulips to put up in our house!

lunch
tulip fields: Roozengaard 

F I V E

Lastly the most important item on our checklist was to spend time with our sweet girl, Ellie. We had some fabulous times with her playing outside on our lawn, going to a nearby park to go down slide and swing on the swings. We also had fun with her spending time out back with our farm animals!!!







I hope you all had a fantastic week and enjoyed this late night post!!

Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Love the animal pics! Makes me want to come live on your farm. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tulips are beautiful!!! Veggie garden lookin good - can't wait to see what you grow... I'm thinking of having a small garden at our new house since we'll actually have enough room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I'm loving the paint in the guest bathroom! Can't wait to see the finished product!
    Love the tulip fields! I'm dying to go to our tulip festival... but we might not make it because it's 3 hours away :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I can't wait to see the rest of the bathroom makeover... LOVING the paint color so far!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley