Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Little Things - farm additions

Ladies, I am so excited to let y'all know that our farm grew by two this week!  

While we were on our two week vacay to Scotland and Ireland all Thomas and I could talk about was we couldn't wait to get home and get more goats!

One day last week we finally decided to start looking for some babies and we happened upon a local farm with Nigerian Dwarfs (our other two are Pygmy Goats) for sale. We have been discussing for a couple years that this would be the next breed we wanted to get. 


We contacted the farm and they had 6 doelings they were selling (girl goats) so we set up an appointment to go over a look at them. We knew we wanted to get two and would most likely pick them out on our visit. They were all about 3 1/2 to 4 months old and completely adorable!  We got to take a look at the moms and the dad and we fell in love. 

We were able to quickly decide which two we wanted (and we even agreed completely). They are so tiny and I can't remember Annabelle and Penelope ever being this small - but I know they were. 

Thomas was going to be out of town for the weekend (at his brothers bachelor party) so we asked the lady to hold them for us and we would pick them up on Monday. She agreed and we spent the next 6 hours trying to come up with names.  We finally decided on Stella (the blonde one) and Delilah (the brown one). 



The whole weekend I kept talking to Ellie about her new goats and was doing a countdown every day. We even went out and had some conversations with our goats to let them know they were getting sisters!

Monday finally came around and we headed out to pick up our new girls. They are just adorable and we are so excited to have our farm growing. Ellie is in love and she is having so much fun being on the farm and petting all her animals. It melts my farm mama heart to see how much she loves the goats and her smile is precious. We got her moccs on and let her chase the goats around the yard and let me tell you - life is SO much better with a walking tot!!



I am so happy that we get to share these moments and experiences with Ellie and I am so grateful to have her in our life!

- Ashley 

4 comments:

  1. Such cute names and how fun to grow the farm! I love that ellie had a blast with them and yes life is so much better with a walking kiddo!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley