Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I can't believe that we are already a couple of weeks into November!! That means that we are quickly approaching the holiday season!!  I just love this time of year with all the festiveness and the joy that it brings to people. 



Something that I think we all too often forget to do is to be thankful. In a society where there is so much competition and always wanting to "keep up with the jones's" it can make us focus on what we don't have rather than what we do have. In an effort to be more positive I have been making it a point to be thankful in my nightly prayers and to make sure that my friends and family know my gratitude. This is a trend in hoping to continue throughout the year and not just the days leading up to Thanksgiving. 

It can be hard but so rewarding to focus on all we have!

Now let's be real here. Life with a toddler can be rough, with their tantrums, "not listening", napping strikes, and the ability to make a mess of everything!  I have to tell you that I love it. Our road to parenthood was challenging but Ellie is the biggest gift. And I truly think that I appreciate her so much more because of our struggle with infertility and the roller coaster of the adoption process. 

Today I am so thankful for God's plan and gifting us the most beautiful, funny, energetic, sweet and loving little girl. I'm thankful for Him for opening our hearts to adoption and placing us with the most perfect baby!! 

I love you Ellie Faith. So much more than words can express and I thank God every day for the gift of you!



♥ Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Love! Such a great reminder and a sweet post. We so easily forget how blessed we are.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley