Friday, March 13, 2015

TGI FRIDAY

I'm Oh Friday how I have been looking forward to you!! We've had quite the week and I have been looking forward to this weekend for a while! Ellie has been in top form lately and is such a little lovey girl. Yesterday I took the kids I nanny on a walk (down the driveway and around the corner to a vacant lot) and while the five of us were walking I thought to myself  'I can do four kiddos, no problem'. The oldest was pushing the youngest in a stroller, one was also holding onto the stroller and Ellie was holding my hand, the next thing I knew Ellis brought my hand up to her mouth and gave it the sweetest kiss my heart melted. 

: O N E :

Back in January (or maybe around Christmas) Thomas and I were talking about being more intentional with spending time with our families. We are lucky enough to have all of our family living close by (within an hours drive). So far we have had two family dinners with Thomas' family, one in January and one in February. This weekend we are spending with my family for a little "staycation" at my sister's Inlaws cabin! I was so pleased when she offered to plan this get together. We don't see each other often since my mom passed away. Now that Ellie is in our family I really want to build relationships within out family. I am so glad that God has put His hand on us to allow for this to happen!!

:: T W O ::


Next week is my birthday. I am a St. Patrick's Day babe and I wouldn't have it any other way!! I share my wishlist this week, man was that hard to come up with something just for myself! I don't know what it is but I have the hardest time coming up with stuff for myself. I guess kitchen items technically are for me but it just doesn't quite feel the same. Last year was a really low key birthday (even though it was my 30th) ibwasnt really in a mood to celebrate last year so we just went to dinner with my dad and Ellie. I just really wanted it to be us for my birthday and was really missing my mom. Then three days later my best friend (Jazz my horse of 17 years) collapsed and had to be put down. I'm hoping this year can be more of a celebration and I can enjoy the day. 

::: T H R E E :::



I have a PSA for all y'all. A few weeks ago we went to Disneyland and I ate several churros. Oh my goodness those are delicious. I was craving one last week and thought I would get one at Costco, you know to "compare" to DL since I had just been there. You guys! Even though Costco churros are only $1 save your money. I would much rather pay the $4 or $5 at DL for a quality one. While we were at Disneyland we got to check out California Adventure, it was my first time and I liked how it was a totally different feel. 

:::: F O U R ::::


Last Friday I got an email that told me my package had been delivered. It was from Minted. My cake stand and Ellies bunny art that I chose from winning a giveaway had arrived. I was so excited to get home and open them. You guys I love the cake stand even more in person and I am so inspired to start her toddler room makeover. But first I need to finish our bathroom....

::::: F I V E :::::



It's almost spring and I couldn't be more excited. I haven't been shopping online for Ellie in a while but I know that this is probably the time where I can count on a lot of floral prints showing up. I'm kinda obsessed with floral right now... One thing I love about spring is daylight savings. Ellie did pretty well with the time difference (and actually is waking up at 6:30 instead of 5:30am so there's that). I also love all the flowers and life growing in gardens and yards. I just live the breath of fresh air after months of winter. Gardening is my happy place and I have made it a point to really educate myself this year about becoming a better gardener. 

:::::: S I X ::::::

And finally I wanted to share this post about the side affects of a Tubal Ligation. I have been advised from my doctor on several occasions that I should get one since I have a history of ectopic pregnancies. I was seriously considering this surgery and then I learned about what could happen. I am so grateful that I have not gone through with this and that I listened to my desire to have bio-children. 


♥ Ashley

Linking up here 

9 comments:

  1. Have a great staycation hun! Happy weekend :)
    XO Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for amazing family time!!
    LOVE your cake stand! Even better that you won it in a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake stand is adorable!

    I totally love that we both have a picture of ourselves holding a huge churro at DL :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha - husby and I joke that Costco IS Disneyland for our little one. He loves going, loves the churros, and at about $200/hour, Costco is still cheaper than Disney, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being close to my entire family growing up was the BEST thing ever. It's totally worth it to spend more time with everyone and it's so cool to see others doing it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake stand!!! So gorgeous, I want! :) I've never had a churro... when I go to DL I'll have to try one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cake stand and I'm excited that you posted a picture of it being used for something other than holding a cake. I have two beautiful cake stands that have been hiding in our kitchen cabinets. It never occurred to me to put them out on our shelves. I just took one of them out to put on display!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake stand is so pretty - you can never have too many, especially in that pretty mint color. Love it! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and thanks for linking up again at H54F! Happy early birthday!!! Hope it's a special one.

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. that cake stand looks adorable! Yay for spring flowers and I can't wait to see what you do for Ellie's room make over!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley