Friday, August 7, 2015

It's Friday!!

Another week has just flown by!  I cannot believe that we have already had a full week of August - where is the time going?  I guess we have kept ourselves pretty busy and that's why we are moving along so quickly.

Let's just get right on to today's Five, shall we?



::ONE::



Girlfriend insisted on bringing Bitty Baby to bed last night, which was all kinds of adorable.  Not long after I laid her down I checked the monitor and couldn't help myself, so I took a picture of the utter cuteness.  Our day wasn't too crazy busy but my little sweetheart slept for 9 hours!! In her own bed the whole time no less!  Which is probably crazy but since her 2 year molars have started coming in her ability to sleep through the night has been waning and we're more interested in our own sleep than training her to stay put - so we just bring her in with us (and I think she really likes it...).  Pretty soon here that's going to become a little ridiculous so we will start working on her staying in her room.  But seriously how cute is she with Bitty??


::TWO::

Speaking of Ellie sleeping through the night.  I am on a total painting kick right now (might have something to do with Lowes paint deal going on right now).  A few weeks ago I was perusing OfferUp and Craigslist for a bed for Ellie.  We chose to go with a Full Size bed because we already have a mattress that size.  I have been dying over this one since forever but cannot swallow that price at all, I mean seriously who has that kind of money?  I know that by getting her a Full Bed it is an investment that will last us another 16+ years but still.  Anyways since that was the look I was going for but on a budget of less than $100 I had my work cut out for me.  Then the stars aligned and I found the PERFECT bed for Ellie!  Thomas got it all sanded yesterday as it was all chipped up and I am looking forward to painting it this weekend.  Additionally I selected three paint colors for her room since the yellow has GOT to go!!  And if you guessed I was going a shade of grey then congratulations you know me so well!!  I am choosing between the following Colors:









I don't know why its always so hard to choose a shade of grey but it is.  I am pretty sure that I have picked out the color I like best, so I will be picking up a gallon this evening when I get off work.  I am so excited to transition Ellie out of her "nursery" and into a room that will hopefully last for a number of years!  Please don't expect to see a makeover/reveal post anytime soon, this is a project that will be taking a while to curate and put together.  I might post snippets along the way - because sometimes the suspense of waiting is too much.

::THREE::


In case you missed it Ellie was a Flower Girl this past weekend in my besties wedding.  I was also a bridesmaid so our duties and weekend was FULL!!  Ellie totally rocked it and was the most adorable Flower Girl if I may say so.  I am so proud of her performance and grateful that my friend thought to include her in the wedding.  While it was just a little stressful having both of us in the wedding, Thomas did an incredible job entertaining Ellie and keeping her is a good mood, which in turn helped to keep me relaxed and less stressed.  Best bit of advice if you have a Flower Girl is to ask the bride to please schedule the pictures with the littles as late as possible so they can play and have fun for as long as they can before they need to get dressed and try to be calm and clean...

::FOUR::

Our garden is growing like crazy.  I started planting it about 13 weeks ago and it has been doing really well.  One of the things that I do have a hard time with is remembering to harvest - and then use our bounty.  Ellie is addicted to Peas, so those were an easy item to get since she requests them all the time.  Their season is over so I will have to replant in a couple of weeks to try and get a second round of them.  We also grow green beans which are so easy to blanch and freeze and they make me so excited for Thanksgiving and green bean casserole!  Of course I make that all throughout the year because it is just SOOO good!  Kale is another super easy item to grow and its pretty hardy so you can't really kill it, I usually saute it and hide it in lasagna, salads, soups, and a variety of other sides.  I have been wanting to try kale chips for a long time but never get around to actually making them - I am going to change that this year.  We also tried growing kohlrabi this year, and while it was easy I didn't particularly care for it so I won't be growing it again.  I also grew some fennel but I don't think that I harvested it in time as its really tough...it has a lot of fronds so I can use those but I will try again next year and see if I can't be more on top of it.  And also this year we grew pumpkins for Halloween.  They are doing really well and we have about 5 that should be ready around that time (fingers crossed) we are still planning on going to the Pumpkin Patch this year but I think it will be fun to have grown our own pumpkins!  Other things growing (or grown); Swiss Chard, Okra, Spinach, and Radish. 




We also have a small blueberry patch with four bushes.  2 Chandler Blueberries (seriously the best kind and not sold in stores) and 2 Pink Lemonade Blueberries (they really are pink berries and taste delish!)



::FIVE::

A few days ago Ellie requested pancakes so I whipped up a batch of blueberry ones.  They were a total hit and I will be making these again after I pick some more berries from our bushes!  I like it when my pancakes have a crispy edge so I use a bit of extra oil in the pan and make sure its extra hot (but not burning) to cook the cakes.  SO good they don't even need syrup!





Happy Weekend Y'all!!

♥ Ashley

linking up here

6 comments:

  1. Can I just say that it makes my day that she has a bity baby?! I had one growing up and LOVED It! Saving it now for when I have a little girl!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lowe's is having a paint sale? Do tell me more!

    I want that same exact bed for both girls and yeah, TOTALLY hear you. Why would a bed cost that much?! Luckily you can find a lot of similar ones on CL.

    I like to eat my pancakes crispy too! With just butter on them. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her and her baby doll is the sweetest thing!!!
    Chelsea@thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tutu!! and Blueberry pancakes are my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww.... How precious that she's loving on the Bitty Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We're more interested in our own sleep than training" <--- yes, this is us, EXACTLY!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley