Sunday, October 4, 2015

Weekending - countdown to Halloween

I can't believe we've already had our first weekend of October!!! That means we are getting closer to Halloween and I have to admit that I am just the tiniest bit excited about it!!



We had a super busy weekend and I have to tell you that I love them that way (sometimes). We actually headed up to Whidbey Island where my sisters inlaws have a cabin and we had a great time with my family. I love that we have the opportunities to spend time with my dad and that Ellie gets to be with her aunts, uncles and cousin (soon to be two more because my brother is expecting twins!!!). 



My two little mice loved walking on the beach and throwing rocks into the water. Thomas is an expert stone skipper, he got up to 6 skips in a row, I on the other hand was lucky to get two and all of Ellie's went kerplunk about 1' in front of her!!


While we were on Whidbey, we took advantage of us all being together in the same spot and went to a Pumpkin Patch!!  I love having these traditions and am so glad that our families are willing to participate in my desires to make holidays special for Ellie. We had a great time and the weather was top notch!




When we first arrived we headed out to the pumpkin field on a tractor ride and got to pick out pumpkins. 




Ellie had a blast riding around in the wagons and posing for photo ops. 


They also had a mini straw bale "maze" that Ellie loved playing in. 


A family photo!!

♥ Ashley 

Linking up here

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I love that Minnie jacket! We can't wait to go to the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh a straw bale maze! How fun is that...I think maybe I need to diy that haha. How many craft store straw bales do you think I'd need? I think it would probably end up costing 700 bucks or something ha. Hm so maybe not =) Would be fun though.
    What a cute cute pumpkin patch! And that Minnie hood...I can't even!!! Loooove it.

    Thanks so much for linking up with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Going to the pumpkin patch is one of my favorite fall activities! I think we are going to go next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is one FANCY hay ride, I love it. My girls would've flipped out over the minions too. Emily has a hoodie just like that in red and sadly it just barely fits her right now. She will be so sad when it is too small.

    Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family time + pumpkins is about as perfect as an October weekend could be :) And that Minnie hoodie! Where can I get my own??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun Whidbey is one of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had so much fun! Fall is so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Love Ellie's Minnie hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahah Stefan throws rocks/skips rocks EVERYWHERE we go.. I'm always making fun of him. and SO fun!!! We need to get to a patch asap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks super fun and such a great fall weekend! I think busy weekends are great! (So long as they are surrounded my relaxing ones haha!)
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley