Tuesday, March 1, 2016

{Tasty Tuesday} Cheesy Cornflake Potatoes




I mentioned last week that I was making CFP (Cornflake Potatoes) for dinner.  This is a recipe I adapted from my MIL and its been a recipe that has been made in the family for years and seriously it is always a hit!!  It's made of simple ingredients and just gets better each time you make it!


Here is what you need:

Ingredients:
1 bag of Potatoes O'Brien (from the freezer section - thawed)
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
Sour Cream
Splash of Milk
3 Cups of Shredded Cheese (your preference)
1/2 cup of melted butter
Cornflakes
S & P


Here is what you do:

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350°

In a large mixing bowl stir together the Cream of Chicken soup, an equal amount of sour cream, and a splash of milk to loosen the consistency. Season with Salt and Pepper.




Next add in the thawed potatoes (it's okay if they're still frozenz it'll just take longer to cook) and stir to cover with "sauce".


Next you're going to add in the cheese.  You can use any kind you want but here I used cheddar (and a couple of slices of Havarti). I also really like it with Colby Jack cheese or to spice it up a bit some Pepper Jack (only about 1/3 total amount) is really nice as well.


Once the cheese is combined then dump into a prepared baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and flatten down a bit.


Next your going to add on some cornflakes...as much or as little as you want (at least 1/4 of the box to about 1/2 the box).  You can crush them up a little or leave them as is, it's completely up to you.  

Then finally you are going to melt the butter and pour over the top of the cereal, if it doesn't look like you had enough then go for another 1/2 a cube.  My mother always told me everything is better with butter ;)


Then you're going to put in the oven and let bake until the cereal is golden crisp on top and the sauce is bubbling.  About 30-45 minutes.  *If the top is golden but the potatoes aren't done, cover with foil and continue to bake until ready.



Enjoy!!

♥ Ashley

linking up here

3 comments:

  1. These potatoes look AMAZING. Cheesy potatoes are just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These potatoes look AMAZING. Cheesy potatoes are just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MIL makes something very similar and they are my absolute favorite!! A few of my favorite things are sour cream, potatoes and butter! Ha. Thanks for sharing this. Now I don't have to ask her for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley