Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Valentine's Decor 2017

I know we are a week past Valentine's Day already but I just wanted to share the little touches I decorated our house with this year.  I love going all out for Christmas and then that decor bug hits me for the other holiday's as well.  Of course it is much more toned down and as the years go on my decor style has changed.  I actually only put up about half of my Valentine's Decor this year because I don't love all of it.

Chalkboards are one of my favorite ways to decorate.  They're so easy and you can switch them up on the daily (if you have the time...which I don't). A few years ago I turned our pantry doors into a chalkboard.  I love how it turned out and it has gotten so much more use than I even imagined it would.  Ellie loves drawing on it too!

I went super simple this year and I couldn't love it more.

I have another chalkboard near Finnley's room that I scored for like $10 at a junk show.  I love the frame on it and this one is so easy to switch up!


Last year I went over to my best friends house and we made Valentine's wreaths out of hangers and a bunch of scrap ribbon.  I love how this one turned out and it's a great festive touch to the girls bathroom (newly painted).


Then a couple of years ago I got the idea to have Ellie paint on a canvas and I painted a Holiday theme over it.  The one with the hearts was our very first one and I am loving adding to the collection each year (this year is extra special because we got to add TWO!!! love you Finnley)


Some simple decor on the mantle.  I made the L O V E blocks many years ago and I just couldn't pass up the adorable garland this year from Target!!


Valentine flowers from my Valentine must be included in our Valentines Day decor round up!!


Finally decorating my "every season" tree in the entryway with all the pinks and reds!!  I love the jingle bell heart above, it was my mom's and I hold just about everything that was her's near and dear to my heart.


Our last little bit of decor that can be found in the kitchen are these sweet Valentine's magnets we picked up at the Dollar Tree last year.  They have been a total hit with both girls and have come in handy since someone has some serious separation anxiety while I'm cooking in the kitchen ;)


Do you like to decorate for the Holidays?  Which is your favorite?

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley