Monday, December 4, 2017

Once Upon A December

I was going to post this on Friday but then life happened and all I had written down was the title of this post 😆 So I guess today will have to do.



I am completely befuddled at how it is already December? I mean where did 2017 even go??  I guess that's what happens when you are living your life alarm clock by alarm clock - all that time in between kind of gets lost I guess (such is IVF).  Speaking of which I have some updates on that coming up very soon, so be sure to stay tuned.

Our weekend was so full of everything but it all started on Thursday night when Thomas and I went out for a date night...honestly we couldn't even remember when the last time was, and we both have to admit that we did not miss having to deal with the girls one bit 😉.  I don't think I've mentioned it much on here but Finnley is quite the handful at restaurants (compared to Ellie) and there isn't much we can do to distract her from one of her moods...so getting to eat out without trying to manage an obnoxious baby was quite the treat.


 I had Prime Rib


 Thomas had Crab stuffed Sole

On Friday Thomas and I got to spend some time together again and then we went out to dinner with his parents to thank them for watching the girls for us.

Saturday we got to have our Elf Breakfast.  We are so happy that Jingle Bell Rock has come back to visit from the North Pole!  Our breakfast was super low key, the girls got some reindeer ears and that's about the extent of it (I was so tired the night before I went to bed at 7:45 and was not available to help Jingle Bell Rock get everything set up...)  Ellie is so excited to look for her every morning and I am so thankful that Thomas has gotten into the spirit and to make up for my lack of energy.  It was a rainy morning and we did a few errands: Costco, Target, Lunch and tried to go to an open house but it wasn't actually happening.  The afternoons have been rough lately and all I wanted to do was take a nap...not to mention I was battling another migraine so the day was anything but relaxing.  Thankfully just before dinner time it lifted and I was able to enjoy my family for the rest of the weekend.



Sunday, even though we had planned to just take it easy and stay home we had to run out to check out more gift options for Christmas (still have absolutely NO idea what to get for Finnley...second child problems) and then we stopped at the store for some last minute ingredients for dinner and then home for naps.  For dinner I made Pot Roast and I can't even get over how good it was, can we just have pot roast for every meal??



Happy Monday y'all

♥ Ashley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley