Wednesday, January 31, 2018

What's Up Wednesday - January 2018

I can't even remember the last time I participated in What's up Wednesday...but these posts are always so fun, so here we go!!



What we're eating this week:
Tonight we are have a parent/teacher conference to talk about Ellie's kindergarten readiness so we're headed out to Red Robin for dinner afterwards.  Thursday is Steelhead (because it's so much better than salmon and Ellie eats the most out of all of us).  Friday I have to work and then we're all about the Pizza.  Saturday I have some Spaghetti (or other pasta) calling my name. Sunday is for Soup, I haven't decided which kind yet but here are some of my favorites: Cream of Carrot, West Virginia Governer's Stew, Cheeseburger Soup, and my very favorite chicken soup ever Colombian Chicken Soup.
What I'm reminiscing about:
6 years ago Thomas and I had our first HomeStudy visit scheduled for our Adoption.  I remember being so nervous and anxious about the whole process, it was totally worth it because Ellie is our biggest blessing and here we are 6 years later with two adorable daughters and our very first bio-babe on the way.  






What I'm loving:
Now that I am finally pregnant I actually get to look at maternity clothes with the intent of buying.  Sure my bump isn't that big yet and we're still 6 months from our due date but I went down the rabbit hole the other day looking for birthing robes/kimono's and I am completely obsessed with this one.
What we've been up to:
Last week Finnley and I headed to the East Coast with my dad to check out the Carolina's.  I ate all the good foods in Charleston (Callie's Hot Little Biscuit) and in Charlotte.  Finnley was an amazing girl the whole trip and I'm sure she had a great time.  Meanwhile, back home Ellie was living it up with Dada and Nanny (who came to watch her and take her to all her activities while I was away).





What I'm working on:
I signed up for the January Cure again this year to help me deep clean and declutter the house (this is the 3rd year I've done it and I love it so much).  So I've been working on my "homework" and crossing things off my big "to-do list".  My entryway has never been cleaner 😉.
What I'm excited about: 
I had my appointment with my Midwife today and got to hear the little babe's heartbeat again.  It's so nice to hear that and know that things are still going on in there, since I can't feel anything yet.  They were moving all around but she managed to locate the heartbeat and their heart rate is in the low 150's...tell me your guesses on the gender!!

What I'm watching:
We recently got rid of our cable and are solely streaming tv in our house.  I'm loving hulu, prime, netflix, and SlingTV.  So I'm watching all my favorite shows: Superstore, Big Bang Theory, This is Us, Fixer Upper, Call the Midwife, Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations and Reign.
What I'm wearing:
All the comfy clothes.  I've never been one too excited about tight waistbands and now as mine is expanding I need all the elastic I can get!! Leggings, Sweatpants, Joggers, Maternity Jeans, if it's stretchy then you can bet I'm wearing it 😊
What I'm doing this weekend:
We have big plans to go to the Children's Museum on Saturday and then hopefully on Sunday afternoon I can go bra shopping with my bestie because my girls are popping out of all of my bras 😆
What I'm looking forward to next month:
Thomas got me tickets to the Flower Show for Christmas and I can't wait for it to finally get here!! Flowers are my love language and I love all the inspiration I get going each year.  We also have some birthday parties to attend that should be super fun.  We are also heading back to the Happiest Place on Earth!!! yep we're making our annual February trip back to Disneyland and I can hardly contain my excitement! I cannot wait to get my mouth on a churro and corndog!!  Also I get to have another appointment with my Midwife and we get to find out the gender!!

Happy Last Day of January!!

♥ Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley